Thursday 2 February 2012

Thought of the week

No this will not be a regular slot on the MQ blog... just something I thought I'd share with you this time. I'm currently covering a colleague's position while they are on leave and therefore have the wonderful job of 'keeping an eye' on the notice board. That includes removing old out of date notices, keeping it 'tidy' and updating the infamous 'Thought of the week'...

Here's a few quotes I found that I quite liked.
Guess which one I used!

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin 1969

"How often in life we complete a task that was beyond the capability of the person we were when we started it." - Robert Brault

"I'm so optimistic i'd go after Moby Dick in a row boat and take the Tartar sauce with me."

“But better to be hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.”
Khaled Hosseini

"Happiness is not a matter of good fortune or worldly possessions. It's a mental attitude. It comes from appreciating what we have, instead of being miserable about what we don't have. It's so simple, yet so hard for the human mind to comprehend."

"Pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man."
Muhammad Ali

"I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded; not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night.”
The Kite Runner

"Be helpful.When you see a person without a smile ,Give him yours."
Zig Ziglar



No comments:

Post a Comment